Friday, December 31st, 2021
West Monroe finished 2021 with 423 calls.
Wednesday, January 1st, 2020
The West Monroe Fire Department finished 2019 with 347 calls. This was fifty-one calls fewer than 2018 (398 calls), and was comparable to 2017 (346 calls).
Monday, November 18th, 2019
The West Monroe fire department answered call #300 of 2019, which was a motor vehicle accident call.Call #300 occurred on November 18, 2019, the 322nd day of the year.
Thursday, August 8th, 2019
The West Monroe fire department answered call #200 of 2019, which was an EMS call.Call #200 occurred on August 8, 2019, the 220th day of the year.
135 entries in the News
Monday, June 1st, 2009
NYSAFC 103rd Annual Conference & Expo June 10-13, 2009 Turning Stone Resort – Verona, NY Exciting & Convenient New Venue! Turning Stone Resort is centrally located in Oneida County, just off of NYS Thruway (I-90) Exit 33 between Utica and Syracuse.
Saturday, May 23rd, 2009
*THIS IS A MANDATORY CLASS FOR ALL MEMBERS* Haz-Mat refresher make-up for members who were unable to attend on Tues 5/12.
Saturday, April 25th, 2009
Registration is now FREE! Important Notice Regarding the 2009 SUNY Upstate Medical University, Department of Emergency Medicine EMS Teaching Day, May 9, 2009 Thanks to a generous donation from Rural Metro Medical Services, the Department of Emergency Medicine at SUNY Upstate Medica...
Saturday, April 11th, 2009
The Firemen’s Association of the State of New York NYS OFPC and the NYS Propane Gas Association Present: Handling Propane Emergencies Saturday, April 25, 2009 8:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. North Bay Fire Department State Route 49 North Bay, NY This six-hour course will incorpora...
Thursday, April 2nd, 2009
The cleanup schedule for 2009-2010 has been posted in the files section. Members available for additional cleanup contact Mike Walker to sign up. 154 You can view the form here.
Dearth of rain, rash of brush fires leads to limits on fires. Use of grills OK. Wednesday, March 25, 2009 By Kathy Coffta Sims Staff writer Dry conditions kept firefighters in Oswego County busy Tuesday battling brush fires and prompted lawmakers to temporarily ban outdoor burning.
Wednesday, March 25th, 2009
Oswego (WSYR-TV) – Because of the high threat of brush fires, the Oswego County Legislature has declared a state of emergency in Oswego County and has ordered a ban on all outdoor burning and recreational outdoor fires in the county.
Sunday, March 15th, 2009
State Fire Administrator, Floyd Madison, has requested that the attached recall be distributed to all fire service organizations in New York State. Please distribute as needed to the personnel, agencies, and organizations within your jurisdictions.
Wednesday, March 11th, 2009
(AP)NEW YORK STATE -- March has just begun and we're already showing a spike in the number of fire related deaths this year; at least 20 people have died so far. Some may have been saved by working smoke detectors.
Monday, March 9th, 2009
The cascade system at WMFD is currently down. Chief Dennis Hyde is coordinating repairs. If you need more information please contact him.
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009
West Monroe Volunteer Fire Department Annual Elections Executive President - Mike Walker Vice President - John Demong Secratary - Dianne Thompson Treasurer - Dick Wicks Board of Director - Paul Baxter Fireline Chief - Dennis Hyde Assistant Chief - Russ Boughton Assistant Chief - Kevin Davi...
Thursday, February 26th, 2009
Hastings, Oswego Co. (WSYR-TV) - Oswego County emergency crews were able to quickly knock down a house fire in the Oswego County Town of Hastings. The fire was located at 564 Little Canada Road, near State Route 49 and Gunther Road.
Wednesday, February 25th, 2009
Central Square home catches fire Last Update: 9:51 am (WSYR NewsChannel 9 ) Central Square (WSYR-TV) – Witnesses said flames from a Central Square house fire Wednesday morning reached as high as ten feet; we’re told the home was owned by the owner of D&J Mobile Homes.
Saturday, February 21st, 2009
by Robert A. Baker / The Post-Standard Saturday February 21, 2009, 4:10 PM Central Square, NY -- Fire officials said today that a grease fire on a stove ignited a blaze that destroyed a three-unit house Saturday on Main Street in Central Square.
Tuesday, February 17th, 2009
Volunteer firefighters from several departments responded to a blaze at 20 Wilson Road in Hastings Monday afternoon. Dispatchers at the county's 911 Center said the working house fire was out failry quickly.
135 entries in the News

© 2022 West Monroe Volunteer Fire Department