News Headlines
Tue. Apr 25th 2017
Fire Department Answers Call #100 of 2017

The West Monroe Fire Department responded to its 100th call of 2017 on April 25.This was twenty days later than the departmen...

Read more »
Sun. Jan 1st 2017
West Monroe finishes 2016 with 394 calls.

The West Monroe Fire Department finished 2016 with 394 calls. This was forty-one calls more than in 2015.

Read more »
Fri. Jan 1st 2016
The West Monroe Fire Department finished 2015 with 353 calls.

The West Monroe Fire Department finished 2015 with 353 calls. This was twenty calls fewer than in 2014.

Read more »
Consumer Product Safety Commission Recalls
The circuit board in the lawn mower can short circuit and catch fire, posing a fire hazard to users.
The meters can fail to give an accurate voltage reading, resulting in the operator falsely believing the electrical power is low or off, posing an electrocution hazard.
Seat slider bolts and push nuts can disconnect and fall from the chair, which could cause the seat to detach from the chair, posing a fall hazard to consumers.
The joint of the articulating arm can pinch or cut the electrical wire causing it to fray, posing a shock hazard.
The paint used on the wicker furniture can contain excessive levels of lead, which is a violation of the federal lead paint standard.
The battery cover can detach and expose the small coin cell batteries, posing choking and ingestion hazards to young children.
The dimmer switch and/or outlet plug can overheat and ignite, posing shock and fire hazards.
The acceleration pedal on the ride-on toys can stick, posing fall and crash hazards.
The down tube can break, posing a fall hazard to the rider.
The electric ranges can become energized, posing electric shock and electrocution hazards to a consumer who touches the range
The mug’s lid does not fit securely and can cause liquids to leak from the bottom of the lid when tilted, posing a burn hazard. Also, the mug does not have a silicone hand wrap so the consumer could burn their hand on the side walls of the mug.
The mugs can crack when filled with hot liquid, posing a burn hazard to users.
The plastic eyes on the plush toys can detach, posing a choking hazard.
The point of connection between the lower front line with the landing line can break, causing a loss of kite control, posing injury and fall hazards.
The glass beakers can break during normal use, posing a laceration hazard to users.
The front fender bolts do not break when an object gets stuck between the front tire and the front fender/mud guard, posing fall and impact hazards.
The smoke detectors connected to the gateway can fail to activate properly when significant environmental contaminants are present, posing a risk that consumers will not be alerted to a fire.
The battery packs included in the science kits can overheat, posing a burn hazard to consumers.
The packaging is not child-resistant as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act. The tablets inside the bottle contain iron, which can cause serious injury or death to young children if multiple tablets are ingested at once.
The capacitors in the fuse boards in the heat pumps can stop working causing the unit to overheat, posing a fire hazard.
The night lights can overheat, posing a fire hazard.
The bicycle handlebar stems can corrode and break, causing the rider to lose control and crash.
A weld on the steering post can separate, resulting in loss of steering control, posing a crash hazard.
The front passenger seat belt buckle can fail due to a manufacturing defect, posing a risk of injury.
The lithium batteries that power the motorized window coverings can overheat, leak or discharge, posing fire and burn hazards.
The women’s scarves fail to meet federal flammability standard for clothing textiles, posing a risk of burn injuries to consumers.
A wire inside the charger can detach and touch the side of the charger, posing a shock hazard.
The car seat can disengage from the stroller’s frame, posing a fall hazard to infants.
The blower motor is not grounded, posing an electrical shock hazard to individuals servicing the units
The cord can break near the base of the massager and expose the wires.
A child seated in the carrier can slip through the leg openings, posing a fall hazard to children.
The clamping bolts that secure the stem to the fork steerer and/or the handlebars can break, posing fall and injury hazards to riders.
The women's sweaters fail to meet federal flammability standards for clothing textiles.
The non-slip rubber grips on the bottom of the booties can detach, posing a choking hazard.
The vehicle’s electronic speed control (ESC) can fail and short circuit, posing a fire hazard.
The rear wheel can stop rotating and lock up while in use, posing a fall hazard.
The food dehydrator can overheat, posing fire and burn hazards.
The legs on the chairs can break, posing a fall hazard to consumers.
A heat shield can fall off the vehicle, posing fire and burn hazards to riders.
 The electronic power steering unit can malfunction, posing a crash hazard.
Upcoming Events
Every 4th Tuesday
ALL DAY
Every 2nd Tuesday
7:00pm - 9:00pm
Every 1st Tuesday
ALL DAY
Website Search
Apparatus Gallery
2017 Call Volume
 Calls
Jan 
Feb 
Mar 
Apr 
May 
Jun 
Jul 
Aug 
Sep 
Oct 
Nov 
Dec 
Total0

Call Volume History

Contact Information
West Monroe Volunteer Fire Department
54 County Route 11
West Monroe, NY 13167
Non-Emergency: 315-676-4600
Emergency: 911
Fax: 315-676-4499
Member Login